Statement on Cookies : how to be in good standing with your Web Site
Manage the cookies within a website, informing users how to use them, is one of the topics that must be dealt with for anyone who runs a website or e-commerce site.
But let’s start by explaining what Cookies are: Cookies are string of text small, that are stored in users’ computers , when they visit a website.
The legislation distinguishes between two types of cookies:
- tecnical coockie:: used to improve the concerned service and the browsing experience on the site. For the use of these cookies, you do not need prior consent of the users but they should be informed about their use.
As an example, these cookies remember what the user entered into the shopping cart or the language that has been selected.
- cookie profiling: used to track navigation and profile the user to order to send advertising messages compatible with the preferences shown, within the navigation network.
In order to use these cookies legislation declares that it must be at the consensus of the user
he managers of websites have to comply with the laws:
There are no preset templates to create the page, but it could be a part of it:
- reference articles of the regulations
- explanation of what a cookie is
- description of existing cookies (cookie technical and profiling),
- types of cookies used on the Website.
- Implement a banner with the information , which is visible to the user, by entering:
- Information about the fact that the site uses and allows the sending of third-party cookies
- Information on the possibility for the user to change their own choices
in detail from anywhere in the site.
For further information please contact your legal advisor.
Informed on the legislation by clicking the following officer’s links:
- Internet: Data Protection Commissioner, no cookies for profiling without consent – Press release